Saturday, June 26, 2010

Song Lineup #1


The first couple of times I saw the TV spots for Charlie St. Cloud, I dismissed it as sappy and refocused all of my energies back into figuring out what just happened in Lost before the commercial break. And then they hit me with the commercial featuring "Airplanes" by B.o.B and Hayley Williams. I didn't know the name of the song at the time, so I wrote the movie name on a post-it along with the note "look up song on trailer". Two months later, I find the post-it again, look it up on youtube, sift through several trailers to find out what I was referring to, find the song, and develop an urge to see the movie when it comes out later this summer.

That 25 second trailer was powerful stuff. Good. Job.

Below is the playlist I'm working with right now. "Airplanes" is in the final running for summer theme song, as is "Shake Me Like a Monkey" by Dave Matthews Band. Yes, there is a disproportionate representation of Dave Matthews/Dave Matthews Band songs ;) I'm always looking for more musix, I'd love más suggestions.

click for larger image

No comments:

Post a Comment